Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Will's Book Nook: Documents that Changed the World Scribblings

 

This BBC Radio series features investigative journalists who unearth private papers, public records and primary sources that shed new light on historical events. For a history nut like me, this series makes me rethink some of the things I thought I knew, like British prisoner of war camps during World War II, that mistreated prisoners just as badly as the Nazis. Some of the prisoner's stories really resonated with me, because of my German heritage and how my ancestors were persecuted and killed in Nazi Germany. I give this series 5 out 5 Scribbles, because I don't think I've heard such in-depth reporting on events I thought I knew all about.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Ways to Honor Earth Day

  Saturday is Earth Day, so we decided to come up with a list of ways to get involved on Earth or any day, because as they say: Earth Day is...