Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Will's Book Nook: Space 1969 Scribblings


 

Space 1969 by Bill Oakley, former writer, producer and show runner of The Simpsons, is without a doubt one of the weirdest books I've ever listened to. Also one of the funniest. I found myself laughing for no apparent reason. The novel imagines if JFK had survived and became bent on launching the US into space. After contact with an alien device, he's a little...changed. Narrated by Richard Nixon, his version of events might be a little skewed. I liked it because of the number of 1960s references they were able to work into the narrative. And the cast, led by Natasha Lyonne, was great. The voice of JFK is spot on. I plan on listening to it again, because I know I didn't catch every joke and reference the first time through. I give it 5 out of 5 Scribbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Ways to Honor Earth Day

  Saturday is Earth Day, so we decided to come up with a list of ways to get involved on Earth or any day, because as they say: Earth Day is...