Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Will’s Book Nook: The Tales of Uncle Remus, as told by Julius Lester



I remember the Uncle Remus stories from my childhood, but I remember just how funny they were. Especially when told by the author, Julius Lester, who performs his own audiobook with funny voices. Lester, the author and civil rights activist took the folk tales, originally compiled by Joel Chandler Harris in the 1880s. I like the trickster character, Br’er Rabbit, but I like that he occasionally meets his match and gets what’s coming to him. I also enjoyed how Lester modernized the humor and sometimes talks directly to the listener. I give it 5 out of 5 scribbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Ways to Honor Earth Day

  Saturday is Earth Day, so we decided to come up with a list of ways to get involved on Earth or any day, because as they say: Earth Day is...