Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Will’s Book Nook: The Inspector West Scribblings


The BBC Radio series Stand By for West which ran from 1967 to 1971, was based on John Creasy’s character, Inspector Roger West. It starred Patrick Allen and Sarah Lawson. It was the first series that employed the “cliffhanger,” leaving listeners guessing at the end of every episode. I liked a glimpse into the mind of the inspector and how he asked the audience to help him by breaking the 4th wall. One episode I really enjoyed involved a plot about a ring of smugglers, because it particularly difficult case and he really had to exercise his brain to figure it out. I also like how it borrows from earlier series, like  Sherlock Holmes. I’m not that far into it, but I give it 6/5 scribbles so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Ways to Honor Earth Day

  Saturday is Earth Day, so we decided to come up with a list of ways to get involved on Earth or any day, because as they say: Earth Day is...