Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Will's Book Nook: Sherlock Holmes: The Carleton Hobbs Collection


 

A new collection of remastered episodes of Carleton Hobbs' Sherlock Holmes BBC Radio Show, that ran from 1952 to 1969, making him the longest tenured Sherlock Holmes. This series stars Carleton Hobbs as Holmes and Norman Shelly as Watson. It also stars a young Christopher Lee as Dr. Moriarty. He's one of my favorite actors. Vintage would be a good way to describe it, which works for me, because I've been getting into older stuff. I like the older style of talking and the slang that is no longer in use, like "'ods bodkins," which can best translated as "oh my!" Based on what I've listened to so far, I'd give it 5 out 5 scribbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Ways to Honor Earth Day

  Saturday is Earth Day, so we decided to come up with a list of ways to get involved on Earth or any day, because as they say: Earth Day is...