Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Will's Book Nook: Dr Finlay: Adventures of a Black Bag Scribblings, part I

 

I have been re-listening to an audiobook compilation of a radio show called Dr Finlay: Adventures of a Black Bag by AJ Cronin. In fact, it was one of the first audiobooks I ever purchased. I loved it so much, that I decided to listen to it again. Here are my top three favorite characters:

1. Dr Finlay: He is a bit prickly, but he knows his profession well. He has a sense of humor, but it's sarcastic and he only uses it on occasion. The further you get on in the series, the more he opens up to the people of Levenford, where he has just arrived at the beginning of the series. It's fun to see his character develop and finally make some friends, including Dr Cameron, who he works with.

2. Dr Cameron: He balances out Dr Finlay, though they do have some epic disagreements. He is older, wiser and kinder. He is willing to teach young Dr Finlay the ropes, but he keeps making fun of how inexperienced he is. I do feel sorry for their housekeeper during their quarrels.

3. Janet MacPherson: Speaking of the housekeeper, Janet helps the doctors when they disagree. She gives her input about the patients, who she knows well. She's a hard worker and she's very proper. She has a "let's get down to business" personality.

The stories have been adapted for television, but I haven't watched it yet. I stumbled upon it by accident, but I'm glad I did. Next week I will post about my favorite episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Ways to Honor Earth Day

  Saturday is Earth Day, so we decided to come up with a list of ways to get involved on Earth or any day, because as they say: Earth Day is...